- Flint Water FAQ
Answers to common questions about Flint drinking water.
- 9th Biennial State of Lake Michigan/15th Annual Great Lakes Beach Association Joint Conference
Register today for the 2015 Joint Conference taking place October 28-30 at the Grand Traverse Resort. Attendees will hear from top experts in their fields about the current status and science behind Lake Michigan and beach restoration and management.
- Recently Released Michigan Draft Water Strategy The Office of the Great Lakes recently released a draft Water Strategy built around a 30-year vision for ensuring Michigan's water resources support healthy ecosystems, residents, communities and economies. Click on image to check out the Draft Water Strategy and learn how it was developed.
- Check out the latest from DEQ DEQ recently launched Pleasant Peninsulas, a storytelling publication written by staff about the work they do around the department to protect Michigan's air, land and water and facilitate economic development.
- The DEQ is exploring new ways to increase Michigan's recycling rate.
- Get the Facts on Fracking Hydraulic fracturing has been in the news, but this process for extracting gas and oil is far from new. Click on image for a Q&A with some facts about what it is, how it works, and insight on popular fracking myths.
- Gov. Rick Snyder: Comprehensive action plan will help Flint residents address water concerns
Collaborative effort with state, federal and city leaders focuses on testing, assistance
- Efforts to restore River Raisin seeing progress
- Medication disposal event to be held Tuesday at state Capitol
- DEQ awards $285,000 to promote and enhance Michigan trails
- Grants available for scrap tire cleanups and market development activities
- City of Grand Haven awarded cleanup funding for new office building
- 47 communities awarded grants to protect drinking water sources
- Van Buren County awarded cleanup grant for new brewery