Business Related Sites
- Michigan Grape and Wine Industry Council
Industry resources include a calendar of wine industry meetings, Council contacts, Michigan Wine & Spirits Competition entry forms and information and the Michigan Wine Industry Annual Meeting Information.
- Michigan Economic Development Corporation
A source for information on economic development, including resources to help business owners start and grow their businesses in Michigan.
- Tobacco Tax and Trade Bureau
Regulatory and taxing authority over alcohol producers, wholesalers, importers and industrial users. The TTB also collects the retail special occupation tax (now suspended and repealed effective 2008). E-mail inquiries firstname.lastname@example.org
- Michigan Small Business Development Center
The Michigan Small Business Development Center offers one on one counseling and business education services for startups, growth companies, and entrepreneurs of all stages.
- MSU Product Center for Agriculture and Natural Resources
Free assistance in planning your new business!
- Michigan State University - Growing Grapes for Juice or Wine
Learn "viticulture" and access MSU Extension bulletins including Wine Grape Varieties for Michigan and Vineyard Establishment.
- Michigan Department of Agriculture & Rural Development - Wine Industry Resources
This site offers a searchable online bibliography of resource materials, including a downloadable Start-Up Guide.
- Michigan State University Extension
If you are planning to grow grapes in Michigan, contact your local MSU extension office and ask to be connected to the area "fruit educator" who can assist you in locating additional local resource information.