• Counting Opinions Library Statistics Software - various July dates -The webinar will introduce Michigan public libraries to the new Library Performance assessment software (LibPAS) which will be used by the Library of Michigan to collect the Public Library Annual Report/State Aid Application beginning in the fall of 2014.
• Quality Services Audit Checklist, QSAC- various dates -Learn about the purpose of QSAC, review the newly revised measures and discuss with your colleagues how QSAC can work in your library. during this online webinar. Register online.
• Finding Health and Wellness at the Library - September 17, 2014Do you need to know about authoritative and reliable consumer medical resources that are available on the Internet? How do you find and evaluate other consumer health-related websites? Get answers to these questions and hear about the National Network of Libraries of Medicine (NN/LM) Greater Midwest Region´s consumer health resources in this online webinar. Register online.
• New Director Workshop - Thursday, September 18, 2014 - This is a one day event that provides a wide range of information for the new and experienced director. Topics scheduled include public library class sizes, the function of co-operatives, state aid reporting, penal fines and statistics, the benefits of the Michigan eLibrary, a brief overview of library law, a review of E-rate and technology planning, an introduction to other statewide programs. Attendance at these workshops is necessary for director certification as part of the qualification criteria for state aid to public libraries. Register online.
• Advanced Director Workshop - Friday, September 19, 2014 - This is a one-day event that will provide in-depth information on specific topics for new and experienced directors. Attendance at the workshops is necessary for director certification as part of the qualification criteria for state aid to public libraries. Current standards for state aid for public libraries require Classes 4 - 6 directors to complete the Advanced Directors´ Workshop within 2 years of initial appointment. Register online.