Welcome to the official Michigan.gov web site. This site uses adaptive technology. Instructions are provided within the
Accessibility PolicySite MapSkip Navigation
Department of Agriculture and Rural DevelopmentMichigan.gov
Michigan.gov Home
close print view

Hot Topics

Stop Order Issued - MDARD issued Stop-Use and Stop-Removal Orders for antifreeze/coolant manufactured, packaged, and/or distributed by Royal Packaging, Inc. of Detroit under the North Atlantic and Shur-XXX brands after finding the products did not comply with  the Michigan Weights and Measures Act, 1964 Public Act 283. Read the full press release hereProduct photos and a copy of the Stop Order can be found here.

MDARD Taking Public Comment on Bovine TB Split State Status and Zoning -
The USDA today announced publication of the Interim Rule in the Federal Register moving Michigan’s Bovine Tuberculosis (TB) Modified Accredited Advanced Zone which includes Antrim, Charlevoix, Cheboygan, Crawford, Emmet, Otsego, and Presque Isle counties, to Bovine TB Free status. An interim rule allows a state to adopt the changes immediately while the public is providing comments on the rule.  Download the comment form here. Read the full press release here.

Welcome to the MDARD Website. How Can We Help You Today?

Our goal with this site is to help you find what you're looking for as quickly as possible. At the right are Featured Links to popular pages like GAAMPs and the Right to Farm ActExport Marketing, Press Releases, Food Recalls, or How to Start Your Business.

Are you a CONSUMER, looking for information about: Food Safety; Cottage Food; the Pesticide Notification Registry; Animal Licensing or Bringing Animals Into Michigan; Food Recalls; an FAQ about Michigan Farmers Markets; or Finding a Licensed Business in Michigan?

Are you a FARMER, trying to locate information about: Bovine Tuberculosis (TB), Certifications; GAAMPs/Right to Farm; getting a Livestock Dealer License; or other MDARD Online Services?

Are you a BUSINESS . . . or looking to start one? You may be interested in: Licensing; obtaining a Food Service License; getting a Food Establishment License; sitting for a Pesticide Applicator Certification test; looking up a list of Registered Service Persons; learning what it takes to be licensed as an Animal Control Officer; Animal Feed Licensing; locating  Food Plan Review Resources or Finding a Licensed Business in Michigan.

in the state, looking for information on: Licensing; the latest update to the Food Law; or learning Food Safety for Regulators?

Tips on Navigating Our Website

MDARD Help Desk logoIf you still can't find what you are looking for, please visit our Tips for Navigating the MDARD Website, which will help guide you through the various ways to find information on our site.
Click here to file a complaint with the Department of Agriculture & Rural Development.

Featured Links
 •  Export Marketing
 •  MDARD Emergency Contact
 •  Cottage Food Law
 •  Pesticide Certification Exams
 •  Start Your Business
 •  Grants & Funding
 •  Press Releases/Media Materials
 •  Apply for Food Service License
 •  Food Recalls
 •  Bringing Animals into Michigan
 •  Water Use Reporting
 •  Pesticide Re-Certification Seminars
QR code

Michigan.gov Home
PoliciesMichigan NewsMichigan.gov Survey

Copyright © 2014 State of Michigan