Skip Navigation
Department of Agriculture and Rural Home
close print view


How to Start a BusinessMiscellaneous

• How to Apply for a Motor Fuel Retail Outlet License Before a person or business transfers, sells, dispenses or offers for sale motor fuel in the state of Michigan, they must obtain a license from the Michigan Department of Agriculture & Rural Development.

Animal Feed Business

• Animal Feed Label Requirements Feed labels allow consumers to choose products that meet their needs, contain necessary information to determine nutritional content and tell the buyer how to use the product properly.

Food Business

• Dairy-related Businesses

• List of Food License Exemptions - Does your business qualify? Some firms do not require a food establishment license but are still subject to inspection by MDARD or local agencies.

• How to Apply for a Food Service License Food Service establishments, including restaurants, fixed, mobile, vending machine locations, and temporary food service establishments are licensed by the local/county health departments.

• License Type Guide with Fees

Plant Growing Business

• Commercial Pesticide Application Certification Categories Commercial applicators who apply for certification or register technician status must designate the type of pesticide application(s) they will make on the appropriate MDARD application form.

• Nursery Stock Dealer and Grower License Application PDF icon

• Reciprocity of Nursery License From Other States Licensing requirements may be waived if the non-resident nursery operator, grower or dealer is licensed in his/her state and the resident state of the nursery operator or dealer has entered into a ...

Featured Links
 •  Export Marketing
 •  MDARD Emergency Contact
 •  Cottage Food Law
 •  Pesticide Certification Exams
 •  Start Your Business
 •  Grants & Funding
 •  Press Releases/Media Materials
 •  Apply for Food Service License
 •  Food Recalls
 •  Bringing Animals into Michigan
 •  Water Use Reporting
 •  Pesticide Re-Certification Seminars
QR code Home
PoliciesMichigan Survey

Copyright © 2014 State of Michigan