Skip Navigation
Michigan Department of TransportationVisit! Home
close print view

Report a Pothole


  • Include route number. MDOT only repairs potholes on state trunklines. These are freeways with M, I, or US designations (for example: I-94, M-14, US-10).
  • Include direction of travel and distance from cross street or interchange if possible.
  • To report potholes on routes other than state trunklines, contact your county or local unit of government.

Reporting a pothole is not equivalent to submitting a claim for damages. If you believe your vehicle has been damaged on a state trunkline, see our online damage claim procedure and form.
Learn more about potholes.

Pothole location:

 MDOT regions map



* Spam Block: (What's this?)

QR code Home
PoliciesMichigan Survey

Copyright © 2001-2014 State of Michigan